Today is the first springlike day we've had in Boston, and the whole city is out, the more daring wearing shorts. There are sailboats out, puddles to jump in, and dogs playing everywhere along the Esplanade. I went for a run by the Charles, and being outside in the sunshine, with energy to spare, was just delightful.
In a lot of ways, when I finished chemo, I was mentally ready to pick up where I'd left off months prior, and it was hugely frustrating when my body just wasn't there yet. I went running on Cape Cod just after Christmas and was shocked at how hard it was to cover any ground at all. The doctors told me it would take about 6 months to feel completely back to normal. They said after 3 months I'd feel restored, lively, and then after another 3 months I'd look back and realize how much energy I still had to recoup.
I'm at about the 3 month mark now, and frankly I have more energy than I know what to do with. I gave up coffee because I was bouncing off the walls. By June, then, I hope to be obnoxiously active.
Favorite song to run to:

I LOVE that song! It really is such a good mood booster.
ReplyDeleteThe song brightens up my day. Good call, Nora.
ReplyDelete#2 She picks out good workout/pump up songs to jam to.