Saturday, March 24, 2012

Dusk

From time to time, I try to reinvent myself as a morning person. I book 7am flights or tell myself I'm going to jog before work, all for naught. Early mornings are just not my time of day. I dread waking up to an alarm, it takes me a few cups of coffee before I hit my stride, and, while I love breakfast, I love dinner more.

Even Richie, my favorite eccentric shuttle driver*, recently commented to a friend of mine, "Nora's really not a morning person, is she?" Richie is right; I much prefer evenings. The world seems to settle after the harried scramble of the workday. Everybody's in a pleasant mood, anticipating a cocktail or dinner plans or maybe just a few episodes of Downton Abbey. My recent travels have given me the chance to appreciate this beautiful time of day in 3 beautiful cities.

The Huntley, Santa Monica, CA

The Standard, New York, NY

 Beacon Hill, Boston, MA

(Yes, in that final image I was able to capture a gentleman riding his Segway into the sunset.)

 * MGH runs a free shuttle service covering several routes throughout Boston and Cambridge, and one happens to go right from my apartment to MIT, adjacent to my office. No complaints about this commute (besides Richie's colorful commentary...but he's a story for another day).

No comments:

Post a Comment