- Some of the sickest mix CDs I've ever heard, courtesy of the intimidatingly hip John Shea and the sweetest (but meanest-looking since he shaved his head) brother I know.
- Books I can't wait to read - keep 'em coming!
- A visit to chemo from Laura, who in one fell swoop sniped the 'Best Friend in the Whole Wide World' and 'Highest Regarded By Nora's Parents' awards.
- An Argentine hat from George, world traveler, squash champ and eternal Snack Bar companion.
- Miracle Frooties from Cam, which will allow me to enjoy all the lemons I could ever desire without the sour taste.
- Blackberry syrup and huckleberry jam (along with just about everything else she could think to offer) from Annie, my most trusted advisor. She even TVOed the JK Rowling special for me. A better friend I could not ask for.
- Two beautiful headscarves.
- Flowers! Thanks, Alex. (Even though for a minute I truly believed that the man who came to deliver the flowers wanted to and would kill me).
- Delicious-smelling soaps from my lovely Aunt Anne.
- Enough DVDs to keep me consistently entertained for the next few months.
This week marked a month since my diagnosis. Just when I started to think the lymphoma gravy train was drying up, Kristen Keating came bearing the prayers and holy water of her wonderful family. Major props also go out to my Dad, who is of his own volition taking me to chemo on his birthday. Please contact me if you know a clown I could hire to paint his face in the hospital waiting room.
Above all, I think I've been most moved by the notes I've received. These have ranged from the funny to the sappy; they've been surprising and tear-jerking and incredibly heartfelt, and there hasn't been one that I haven't deeply internalized. So thank you!


No comments:
Post a Comment