Chemo number five has been smooth sailing, thanks largely to the great news I got on Thursday. After going in for a PET/CT scan on Tuesday, then wringing my hands for two days, I was hugely relieved to learn that my body is 'clean' - cancer free! Next to the scans from June, the images are staggering. Where dark blotches signifying lymphoma enveloped my neck and chest, there is now nothing but benign scar tissue. "We couldn't be happier," the doctors said. I was hoping they'd follow this with "so we're stopping chemo," but no such luck.
In any case, it's wonderful to know that the chemo is working - the endless needle pricks, hospital bracelets, pill swallowing, and IV drips have not all been for naught. Just when I was losing steam, the test results gave me the second wind I needed to power through the remaining seven treatments.
As happy as I am to put chemo sessions behind me, I'm sad to see the summer end. It's amazing the extent to which I've still been able to live my life, albeit at a slower pace. All the Johnsmeyers were in attendance for Matt's wedding on Friday, and I had a great time showcasing my new haircut and timeless dance moves for the extended fam.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nora! This is such fantastic news- I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteThis is so great to hear, Nora!!
ReplyDeleteWe missed you at the conference but it sounds like you made up for the dancing part!
:-) love you nora J!
ReplyDeleteWAHOOOO!!!!!!! So exciting! Congrats Nora!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome news! Power through, you can do it!
ReplyDeleteThe Fenyo Family – Courtney/Chris/Henry/Luke
Yaaaayyy!!!! "I'm too excited to sleep."
ReplyDeleteYay! I love Matt's 'too excited to sleep' comment especially. Congrats, Nora, and hope to see you soon!
ReplyDelete