Turns out when you're not getting your ass handed to you at chemo anymore, you have a lot more time to pick out Christmas trees, go to a surprise brunch with Googlers, attend holiday parties in art museums, go out to dinner in snowstorms, visit the Harry Potter exhibition at the Science Museum, stay up until midnight, stay OUT until midnight (let's be real, I haven't but I could), sign up to run a half marathon, and start planning a celebratory trip to Italy.
I'm still pretty immuno-suppressed, and I've come down with a nasty cold, but I can have a cold now and not freak that the treatment train is going to be derailed. In a few weeks I'll go in for a final round of PET/CT scans, the results of which could really make or break Christmas. I'm optimistic, though, and the doctors are optimistic, and I can't wait to see my 'after' pictures.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Woot woot! Almost there. How was the Harry Potter Exhibit? Jealous! Also, let me know what your plans are for Italy? Would love to pop over for a day or two to see you :) xo
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear the good news. Prayers are there for you for the FINAL scans. Henry had his mediport removed last week and takes no more medication now. Woot woot! Best to you and your family. We love you! The Fenyo Family – Courtney, Chris, Henry & Luke.
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you, Nora! Now only fun things to look forward to...like half marathons ;).
ReplyDeleteWhoa! First congrats, second what half marathon are you running??
ReplyDelete