Saturday, April 10, 2010

Search Inside Yourself

This past week I got to attend an emotional mindfulness course at work. Since it was called 'Search Inside Yourself' (so Googly), I knew it was going to be kind of hippy-dippy, touchy-feely, earthy-crunchy, and I was PUMPED. There was a lot of meditation going on, but one of the most valuable, and applicable, exercises for me was one where we were asked to consider the percentage of time we spend thinking of the past, or anticipating the future, rather than being fully present in the moment. It's difficult to devote your attention to a task, or a conversation, fully, entirely, with all of your focus, so I was glad to practice this and I'm psyched to keep working on it.

Lately I've been so wired, almost frenetic, that I've been trying to stop from time to time and breathe. Sometimes I just sit back and listen to this chilled-out dude called Gil (but seriously, Gil, stop smoking):

1 comment:

  1. search inside yourself sounds like a bunch of maniacs to me!

    ReplyDelete